Saturday, June 20, 2009

Psh...I never cry...unless

I had an experience this week that was indirectly connected to Rebekah. And since this is a blog for her exclusively, I thought it would be appropriate to share. We haven't watched many movies as of late. Most weekends we just can't find the time between finally putting Rebekah to bed and getting ready for bed ourselves. Well, this past weekend we decided to watch "The curious case of Benjamin Button". We watched it in parts, partly because its almost a 3 hour movie, and partly because those were the windows of time that we have to watch it (during Rebekah's naps). Well, if you haven't seen the movie, don't continue reading. So Benjamin has a child and realizes that he can be a proper father figure to his daughter while he continues to grow younger. Benjamin decides he must leave his daughter before she has any memories of him and allow his wife to find someone to raise their daughter. During this entire scene, I could not stop crying. I have not cried during a movie in a LONG time, but this scene just hit me so hard. I can only assume that being a daddy has just a little to do with it. I guess it was further confirmation of how much we truely love our angelprincess Rebekah.

3 comments:

  1. That was so touching. I haven't seen the movie yet, but definitely plan on it now. I love me a good tear jerker! I love reading your blog and getting to see my sweet angelprincess niece grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie got me good, too. The part where the baby dies in her arms? Not good for me. I made Jon go check on Seth as soon as the movie was over.

    Such a good movie, though. Well, if you could cut out about 90% of the scenes of them romping around in bed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that way about babies if I hear something bad happen to them. I just tear up. Babies are such blessings.

    ReplyDelete