Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wonderful Memories








So this will be our first entry I think where we don't just talk about Rebekah the whole time :o). Scott was able to go out to California this weekend to participate in the memorial for his late grandmother. Fortunately, there were a lot of good feelings and smiles and laughs during the weekend that made thinking of dear sweet Virginia all the more sweet.

After the memorial and reception, the family decided to spend the rest of the day at Jimmy's beach house in Santa Cruz. We were able to look through numerous photos of grandma, grandpa and the rest of the family when they were a lot younger. We also had some brotherly competition. I mean, come on, when don't we? So you guessed it, the ol' hit the can of soda off the arm of the chair with lemons game. I'm sure you've all heard of it :o). Jim was crowned champion of the match knocking it down 3 times while Scott only knocked it down twice and Kyle once. We also went down to the beach and had s'mores and did other 'beach' stuff. All in all it was a wonderful visit and a great time visiting family that Scott hadn't seen for quite a while.

2 comments:

  1. I totally stole the goup shot picture from you to post on my blog. I didn't have single one on my camera!!! I had so much fun. I am glad you were able to come out and cannot wait until the summer of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok OK Ok... I want in on the "summer of 2001" line!!! What is happening then??? I too had a great time and already missing you all! Next time (*hopefully it won't be my funeral) we NEED Mary and Rebekah there too!

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete